It arrives alongside a patch that increases the level cap and adds new Guardian Rank skills.
The second paid expansion for Gearbox Software’s Borderlands 3 – Guns, Love and Tentacles: The Marriage of Wainwright and Hammerlock – is now available. It adds a new story quest that takes place on Xylourgos as Sir Hammerlock and Wainwright Jakobs prepare to tie the knot. Naturally, Lovecraftian horrors get in the way.
Along with new loot and missions in the DLC, Gearbox has also released a new update. This extends the time of the Takedown Shakedown event to April 2nd and also increases the level cap to 57. Players will be able to use four more Passive Skill Points as a result and take on a second Capstone skill for even more craziness.
The update also adds three new Guardian Rank skills and a Guardian Rank increase along with the ability to start the campaign DLC with a character that’s automatically leveled up. Check out some of the patch notes below for more details. Borderlands 3 will other updates in subsequent weeks with Mayhem 2.0, a revamp of the endgame Mayhem Mode, and the Revenge of the Cartels event incoming.
Borderlands 3 March 26 Patch Notes
- Added support for Borderlands 3 campaign add-on: Guns, Love, and Tentacles: The Marriage of Wainwright & Hammerlock
- Level Cap increase – New Max Level 57
- 3 New Guardian Rank skills and Guardian Rank Increase
- New campaign add-on Game Menus that will allow players to start the campaign add-on with an auto-leveled character
- Support for the ECHOcast update and new Moxxtail Events
- Addressed memory leaks that occasionally occurred on Split Screen join/leave
- Fixed a crash that could sometimes occur after spending a large amount of Guardian Tokens
- Fixed a crash that could sometimes occur when quickly navigating Crazy Earl’s shop
- Fixed a crash that could sometimes occur during the objective to collect tokens in the “Kill KillaVolt” mission in Lectra City
- Fixed a crash that could sometimes occur during the “Melee Mine Cart” objective of Angels and Speed Demons in Konrad’s Hold
- Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred when loading into Grand Opening in Moxxi’s Heist of The Handsome Jackpot
- Fixed a crash that could sometimes occur when transitioning from The Spendopticon to The Compactor in a four-player game in Moxxi’s Heist of The Handsome Jackpot
- Optimization improvements
- UI Optimizations