The 1.0 release adds new Promotion Tiers, Prestige Assignments and other quality of life features.
Ghost Ship Games’ Deep Rock Galactic is finally out of early access. In development for four years, with two years spent addressing feedback and releasing updates, the co-op sci-fi mining shooter is now available for Xbox One and PC via Steam. Check out the launch trailer below to see it in action.
As part of the 1.0 release, a number of new features have been added to the game. New Promotion Tiers – Platinum, Diamond and Legendary – to tout one’s elite status have been added. There are also Prestige Assignments which unlock at different Player Ranks and will confer Pickaxe part, Helmets and Armor Skins.
But wait there’s more. The Crystalline Caverns biome now has more variations to its crystal structures. Mission Control’s volume can now be adjusted separately. You can even tune the Camera Shake thanks to a handy slider in case things were getting a little nauseating. Check out some of the patch notes and changes below.
NEW PROMOTION TIERS
- Believe it or not but now there are 3 more Tiers above Gold, for when you are promoting your dwarves: PLATINUM, DIAMOND, LEGENDARY! This is mainly a show-off thing for super veteran players who have been investing blood, sweat and a lot of time in Deep Rock Galactic. We salute you!
- As you increase your Player Rank, you will get access to special Prestige Assignments. Completing them will reward you with full sets of Pickaxe parts, Armor skins and new Helmets. Prestige Assignments are unlocked at Player Rank 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 75 and 100.
- A couple of months ago we were toying around with awarding you vanity on the promotion itself (some of you might have tested it on the Experimental build), but we were not totally happy with the system and have instead gone for an approach with unlocking Prestige Assignments based on your Player Rank.
- Crystalline Caverns have gotten more crystal variations. It’s now crystal clear why it is called by that name!
Here are a bunch of features we have added by popular demand:
- We have added a sweet Golden Paintjob for your trusty Pickaxe to the Supporter Pack
- We have added a separate volume slider for Mission Control. Don’t tell Management!
- We have improved head bob scaling to now affect more animations
- We have added a separate Camera Shake slider, to be able to scale down camera shakes to your liking
- We have added an option to invert x-axis for the camera when you are downed