The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Austin, Texas
Airship is looking for a motivated designer with technical chops to help implement gameplay in Ruined King: A League of Legends Story!
As a design scripter, you’ll work with level designers to implement various types of pre-designed gameplay in Unity, from story moments to combat encounters.
If you enjoy working with a focused group of talented and passionate game devs, then we’re the place for you.
- Work with design leadership to implement compelling gameplay moments within game levels, including event scripting, encounter placement and design, assisting with cinematic storytelling implementation, or whatever the game world needs
- Implement all intended gameplay utilizing scripting tools in Unity, from concept to completion.
- Craft a well-paced experience, utilizing all aspects of the player package
- Work with combat designers to implement and maintain combat encounters
- Work with design leadership to iterate on and polish the experience
- Provide reasonable time estimates, and communicate when adjustments are needed
- Experience with Unity
- A passion for both level design and technical implementation
- A strong understanding of technical implementation techniques, primarily visual scripting (Blueprint or similar)
- A thorough understanding of typical design pipelines
- Able to effectively collaborate with other departments
- Motivated and self-driven; complete tasks without major supervision
- Skilled problem solver
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Experience as designer on a shipped commercial title, especially in Unity
Interested? Apply now.
Whether you’re just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what’s out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra’s Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.