The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Santa Monica, CA or Vancouver, BC
We are looking for a talented engineer with a passion for gameplay and a critical eye for game design. As a Senior Gameplay Engineer, you will be working closely with our Design team to bring innovative game features to life.
A Gameplay Engineer should be excellent at rapidly prototyping ideas and is capable of quickly turning a design specification from paper into a usable game system for further iteration. A successful Senior Gameplay Engineer will have an “eye” for gameplay and a knack for understanding how to deliver exciting features that millions of fans are going to love. A Senior Gameplay Engineer should be able to get quickly familiarized with existing codebases and be able to write elegant, high performing extensible code that works well within a collaborative environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Implement, debug and optimize major systems in C/C++ and other languages in the context of a large cross platform codebase
- Spearhead development of innovative gameplay experiences
- Contribute to game architecture and technical designs and postmortems
- Perform data and code analysis to identify improvement opportunities
- Provide mentorship to less experienced engineers
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience in a Gameplay Engineering or similar position
- Multiple shipped game titles for Senior level
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Proficiency in scripting language such Python, LUA or similar
- Advanced knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Advanced optimization skills – code and data
- Advanced debugging skills – comfortable debugging optimized builds in multithreaded and cross platform (networking) context.
- Solid math skills – especially linear algebra and 3D vector math
- Game knowledge and an understanding of the design principles behind games
- Able to collaborate with other engineers as well as non-technical team members
- Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- And most importantly, a passion for making games
- Advanced programming specialty, such as low level network programming, High Level Shader Language (HLSL), SSE assembly, etc
- Expertise and passion in one or more of the following areas: AI, User Interfaces, Animation, General Game-play
- Previously shipped AAA titles
Interested? Apply now.
Whether you’re just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what’s out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra’s Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.