The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Espoo, Finland
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Senior Programmer for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
We are looking for a Senior Programmer to help unify our digital character creation workflows. We have recently started from scratch to unify our character creation pipeline, presenting an unique opportunity.
While this a full-time software engineering role, the character technology team has also worked on implementing existing skinning algorithms, novel convolutional neural network architectures, facial blendshape solvers, custom photogrammetry hardware and statistical analysis of motion capture among others things.
- Help develop an industry leading digital content creation pipeline
- Collaborate with our proprietary engine and tools teams to build deep integrations between the Northlight engine and DCCs
- Adhere to high quality programming standards
- Support the teams involved with character creation with tools and algorithms to make their work easier.
Requirements and qualifications
- 4+ years of experience working in the game, film or equivalent industry
- Proficiency in at least C++ and Python
- Curiosity, ability to learn fast and to communicate concisely
- Experience working with any of the following APIs: Maya, MotionBuilder, Houdini, Modo
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English)
The ideal candidate will also have
- A degree in computer science or software engineering
- Good math skills: calculus, linear algebra, optimization and numerical analysis
- Experience with any of the following: custom in-house game engines, test driven development, continuous integration, machine learning, UI frameworks, API design, parallelism
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.
Interested? Apply now.
Whether you’re just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what’s out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra’s Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.