So here I am, doing everything I can.
If you started playing games in the PlayStation era, those late ’90s to early 2000s, you almost certainly felt a burst of real nostaglia when it was announced we were getting remasters of Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2. The games were staples of that time period and helped define a generation of wannabe skateboarders as well as the extreme sports genre. But the nostalgia isn’t complete without that soundtrack, and thankfully, it’s one aspect they have seemed to really nailed.
As revealed on the official Twitter, they will be bringing back a lot of the licensed tunes that helped make these games so iconic. A host of punk and rock bands ranging from the likes of Goldfinger, Rage Against the Machine, Papa Roach and a host of others that defined the decade. You can check out a Spotify playlist of the tracks, and we’ll make a full list below. Do keep in mind, the picture of the game’s soundtrack, which they are calling “The Hawk Mix,” actually includes bands that aren’t on the Spotify list. It’s unclear if these 18 songs are the full soundtrack or if more are to come.
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 will release for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on September 4th. Those who preorder digitally will get access to a demo of the Warehouse level, which you can check out here.
- “Police Truck” — Dead Kennedys
- “Superman” — Goldfinger
- “Jerry Was A Race Car Driver” — Primus
- “New Girl” — The Suicide Machines
- “Here and Now” — The Ernies
- “Euro-Barge” — The Vandals
- “Blood Brothers” — Papa Roach
- “Guerilla Radio” — Rage Against The Machine”
- “Pin the Tail on the Donkey” — Naughty by Nature
- “You” — Bad Religion
- “When Worlds Collide” — Powerman 5000
- “No Cigar” — Mlilencolin
- “Cyclone” — Dub Pistols
- “May 16” — Lagwagon
- “Subculture (feat. Dieselboy + Kaos VIP)” — Styles of Beyond
- “Heavy Metal Winner” — Consumed
- “Evil Eye” — Fu Manchu
- “Five Lessons Learned” — Swingin’ Utters
What lyrics come to your head first? 🎧 Skate to songs from the era-defining soundtrack #THPS https://t.co/pwW052ooSY pic.twitter.com/9D73rg7w8W
— Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 (@TonyHawkTheGame) May 15, 2020